"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Remarkable
I was lying on the couch this afternoon surrounded by all three kids and was struck with a feeling of complete contentment. The whole scene was remarkably unremarkable. Sticky faces, and sticky hands, dirty feet from playing outside, hair that hasn't seen a hairbrush in a couple days, crayons and dolls and shoes on the floor. It was a very peaceful and serene moment and I just needed to document that it happened. I just adore these kids. I adore these sticky, dirty, messy, cluttery, average, happy kids. I love their gappy smiles and their quick giggles. I love their wit and their wisdom. I love their patience and overall goodness. And I realized, we may be an average bunch, but we're a happy average.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just love those moments. Mine don't happen often enough, not through any fault of my kids. I need to make myself stop and notice.
I think those times are what keep every mom going.
Love this!
Post a Comment