"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Learning new things

I woke up to a sweet little voice this morning saying "Mama, look what I can do." I rolled over and creaked my eyes open to see Cosette proudly flipping me the bird.
Well, hello day. Good to see you too.
"Umm, Cosette, why are you doing that?"
"Because it feels good. I like to do it."
Really?? It feels good?? Who are you child??
I told her please don't do that because it means something really naughty (or something along those lines...).
I think I handled it pretty well, considering it's a miracle that I even know my own name when I first wake up. Then suddenly it's, BAM. Wake up, mom. Teach me a moral lesson now please.
Let's just try to wake up normal tomorrow, please. You know, a crying child with wet pants and sheets or something.

No comments: