"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Monday, June 3, 2013

Cosette's happy

We've been seeing a lot more of this smile lately...
I am amazed at the difference we've seen in Cosette since we've taken her off gluten and lactose, she is actually a generally happy person, who knew??? We still get fits and tantrums but they're a little more along the lines of a regular 5 year old instead of a spawn-of-satan 5 year old. I didn't realize how much we were all walking on eggshells around her until the other morning when she woke up a little mad and grumpy and I was mentally preparing for Armageddon and then she suddenly just got over it. Just like that, she was fine. What???? I figured that was a fluke but it KEEPS HAPPENING and I'm realizing I have some major repenting to do. I have been feeling bitter and sorry for myself for a long time now. Poor poor Leah, such a hard life. A petulant child, that's me, picked on and unloved by Heavenly Father. Yes, I have some repenting to do. I had no idea Cosette even had it in her to be sweet and even-tempered, but Heavenly Father did and, like a spoiled child, I griped and complained the whole time He was helping us get her better. But God blessed us in spite of my grumbling and I'm humbled and full of gratitude. And going gluten-free has gotten easier, much to my surprise. It's still inconvenient and takes a lot of work but we've made it so far and being able to see the change in Cosette's behavior makes it much much easier to soldier on and do it all willingly.
And now for a little gratitude list...
I'm thankful for a wonderful doctor that took us seriously back in January and got this whole thing started.
I'm thankful for a preschool teacher that cared and took an interest in Cosette and also helped get things started.
I'm thankful for an office lady at our old pediatrician's office who refused to let me make an appointment for Cosette because of insurance. I had seen these doctors over and over again for Cosette's issues and had gotten nowhere, whereas one visit to this new doctor and our life has changed for the better.
I'm thankful for patient family and friends who listened with compassion and empathy during this whole thing.
But most of all I'm thankful that God heard and answered our prayers in spite of my terrible attitude.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That was beautiful Leah. I've been having a terrible attitude with God too. I had a miscarriage last Christmas, and six months later still no baby:( Your post made me think of all the things I have and that I am grateful for. I know he will answer my prayers too. Love you.