"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back-to-school for EVERYONE (except me!)

 Cosette (finally) started kindergarten today!! I will admit, I did cry a little but I'm blaming that on pregnancy. She has been so excited to start school, I feel it is a little cruel of the school to make the kindergarteners wait a full 2 weeks after the older kids for their first day, but I guess I understand why they do it that way.


I'm not quite sure I'm going to know what to do with myself alone for 3 whole hours every day (for the next 3 months at least). Although it has been nice so far today. :)
Debbie and Isaac are loving school and their teachers seem to be pretty nice so I'm grateful for that. I'm always so worried every year that they're going to get mean teachers and end up hating school, I feel like I had some pretty horrible teachers in elementary school and I am scared of teachers treating my kids that way, but so far everything seems to be going well this year.
On the first day of school I asked the kids what their favorite part was and Debbie's answer is just so HER...
"My favorite part was learning the rules because if I didn't know the rules then I might break one."
I'm so very proud and a little concerned at the same time!
And, I can't remember what Isaac said his favorite part was but I do think he has a little crush on his teacher (he's going to hate me so much for writing this when he's older, haha). She's young and pretty and - what I think is the icing on the cake for Isaac - she's kind. He said she told them she won't yell at them and he said she hasn't either but that the teacher next door yells at her class "a lot." And I've never seen Isaac act as goofy as he was acting during his SEP, it was almost concerning. And, that first week of school, any time he got frustrated or in trouble he would cry and say, "I miss my teacher!" Oh man, I think it's cute though, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even realize what's going on.
So here's a couple things that have happened recently...
Isaac has a mosquito bite on his cheek that he noticed yesterday while looking in the mirror and he asked me quite concerned, "Is this going to turn into a mullet?" Kids are so stinking cute sometimes!! "No Isaac, that's not going to turn into a mole." haha
And this one is kinda long and involved but gave me a laugh for a long time so I'm going to attempt to get it out.
I've been getting progesterone shots in my hip each week to lower the chance of having a preemie and I had a reaction to the shot I got on Friday. It hurt SO much, it felt like a bee sting and then the next day it got red and was spreading and then it got a little swollen and felt feverish to the touch so I had a friend who had worked in the healthcare industry come take a look at it Saturday night and she said I probably aught to get it checked out because it might be a blood clot. After the initial freak-out and not being able to get ahold of my doctor's office (I HATE this doctor's office, it is so difficult to get through anytime) we decided to just wait it out and I'm glad we did because it's getting better (after lots and lots of Benadryl). But here's the funny part...
Debbie's teacher at church asked her how I was doing (she's my visiting teacher) and in Debbie's own words her response was: "I told her you were doing good... (a long pause) and then I told her about the blood clot." Hahaha! I love how kids think! Whatev. I guess that's what I get for overreacting.

No comments: