"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Come Again?

I've had a couple "mom-fail" moments the past few days...
Like when Isaac came out the other evening with a Star Wars book and announced to Chad and me that, "Tonight I want to practice actually READING the words."  Ahem, ummmm, Isaac, do you mean to tell me that for the past YEAR every time I signed off on your reading because you were looking at a book for 20 minutes you were actually only STARING at the page??????
Or like tonight when Cosette told Isaac that we need to "keep the living room clean and shiny" and Isaac asked her why and she said, "So everyone will know how good we are." Mormon housewife in training maybe??
Total fail, Leah.

No comments: