"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"Bad Idea"

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon. It was Debbie and she said Isaac had hurt his foot and couldn't walk home from school so I went and picked them up. When I got to where Isaac was he looked up at me with his tear-stained face and said, "I didn't know it was a bad idea!" And then went on to explain that he'd jumped off 5/6 foot wall and hurt his foot. I took him to the doctor this morning because he still couldn't walk on it.  (I waited until this morning to take him in because it's not swollen at all and he could move his ankle just fine it was just his heel that hurt and only when he put weight on it.) We were really lucky because there happened to be a podiatrist in for just an hour this morning and he was willing to see Isaac. He said that there's no fracture but he thinks the growth plate is bruised and irritated so we need to be careful with his foot so as to not irritate it more. So now Isaac gets to wear this boot for the next three weeks. Yay for us.
As I've been thinking back to what happened yesterday I think it's so profound that the first thing Isaac said to me when I first got to him was, "I didn't know it was a bad idea." How true is that for all of us when we make mistakes? How often do we really realize that a choice we make is going to be such a bad idea?
But he's ok and thankfully it's not broken, just bruised, and the boot has made it so he can walk on it so that's cool.
Oh, and it's hard to see in this picture but Isaac finally let Chad pull his loose front tooth! It was so ready to come out, it was nearly completely hollow.

No comments: