"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Cosette Update
Just an update on Cosette... Got the test results back for the celiac test and she has a "weak positive." I guess 0-3 is negative, 4-10 is a weak positive, and 10+ is positive, and she came back at a 4. The only way to verify that someone truly has celiac disease it to do a biopsy of the small intestine. Her doctor at the Health Center sent her lab results as well as the doctor's notes on Cosette to the pediatric GE to see if he wants to see Cosette any sooner than the end of April. So we'll wait to see if he wants to get her in sooner and if he's not worried then we'll cut gluten out of her diet to see if it makes a difference. If it does make a difference we'll reintroduce it and if it effects her again then we'll have a diagnosis. I'm kind of irritated because when the nurse read me the lab results she was kind of callous and said that she didn't know if they'd do anything because the number was so low and I was thinking, "do you know what we've gone through?!?!" I figured she wouldn't call the doctor and the doctor gave me her number so I went ahead and called her myself and she was very nice and called the Health Center herself and got things rolling. So, that's what's going on right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment