"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Funny Thing
You cannot tell me that being a cute girl doesn't give you an advantage in life. Debbie walked out of the orthodontist office this afternoon with her arms piled high with extra stuff from them. I've been to that office multiple times now with Isaac and he's a cute kid but he's quiet and he just does not get the same response Debbie gets. They were gushing about her by the time we walked out, "She's so cute, I hope my kids are just like her!" "Wow, she's so tough, I can't believe it!" "You were so brave, here's some extra beach bucks." "Here's a free t-shirt!" "Oh Debbie, I wanted to say hi to you, make sure you get an extra slushie on your way out the door!" Everyone loves her! And you can't blame them, she's happy and giggles when she gets nervous or excited or hurt (come to think of it, she giggles a lot) and people respond really well to that. She just so stinking cheerful, I'm proud to call myself her mother. What's sad to me is that I need an experience like this to be reminded how wonderful she is, I need to stop taking that for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment