"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cosette's 5!!

Cosette is 5 now!
 

 I bought this dog a few weeks ago and it barks and pants and walks and stuff but because I bought it so early we had to store it in our storage closet in our room. The problem is that it's motion sensor activated which apparently also means "light sensor activated" because it would bark at us anytime we turned out the light to leave the room even though it was covered with a blanket. I guess they really wanted to make it life-like?? It was humorous at first but then I was afraid the kids were going to notice so we finally figured out that if we wrapped it in a blanket, shoved it in a black bag, and turned it upside down it would be quiet. It really was funny, we'd go into the storage room to get something and when we'd leave and turn out the light you'd hear this quiet, "rawrf rawrf, pant pant pant."
 I love this buggy!! I knew she wanted one so I found one I like online and then grandma Westerson bought it for her. She loves it. Debbie loves it too. In fact I guess we all did pretty well in choosing Cosette's presents because Debbie can't seem to keep her hands off them. It's killing her that these are Cosette's and not hers.
William and Christopher (but let's be honest, that really means "Aunt Ellen") got Cosette a plush LaLa Loopsy doll with a matching soft blanket. When I went in to check on the girls tonight this is what I found. I think she likes it.
 
We went to the doctor this morning and good news, the doctor feels confident that we've resolved the blockage issue!!! And, she said that because Cosette's test was such a low positive there is a pretty good chance that she doesn't actually have celiac disease! I was so relieved to hear that. We're still doing the gluten free diet for a couple weeks to make sure but I feel hopeful.

No comments: