Well we've had a set-back. Cosette's been having a lot of accidents in preschool lately (both kinds) and yesterday her teacher suggested that I take her in and have her tested for a UTI. So I took her in this morning and thankfully she does not have a UTI. She does however have a very large, hard stool that is sitting in her lower intestines blocking her bowels. Fun.
I'm so grateful for the doctor we saw today, she listened to us and actually paid attention when I expressed concern over the constipation Cosette has struggled with her entire life. SO different from our last visit to the doctor about this issue. That doctor looked at Cosette's chart and saw that her mother had bipolar disorder and promptly diagnosed her with bipolar disorder and sent us on our way with some literature about kids and mental illness. Needless to say I felt blown-off and hopeless so even though we've continued to deal with this I just figured it was pointless to bring her into the doctor because there was either nothing they could do or nothing they would do.
So we suffered and we did the best we could on our own. Until today. Then today this wonderful doctor actually listened. She listened and then did a physical exam and then sent us for an x-ray. And the x-ray showed the mass of stool about 4 inches wide that is backing her up and causing her pain and stomach distention.
So now we're basically going to slam her system with stool softeners and laxatives and hopefully that will break it up and solve the problem. We'll be seeing this doctor weekly until everything is resolved and we have an appointment with a Pediatric GI specialist in case we need to go that route. But I'm praying this will be a relatively easy fix.
1 comment:
Love good doctors!!
Post a Comment