My children are losing their hearing. That must be it. Or they're getting a little daft. What else could explain this (somewhat) recent phenomenon? I suppose I could be losing my voice. Or my mind. Maybe I only THINK I've asked them to do something when in reality I haven't said a word?!? Maybe I should consult a doctor...
WHY WON'T THEY LISTEN TO ME?!?!?!
I think I'm going to record myself saying something once and then just push play every few minutes until they actually do what I've asked them to do. I'd only really have to record a few phrases.
"Please put your coat on." This one would work almost 75% of the time, I'd just have to substitute out coat and replace it with shoes or clothes or backpack, you name it.
"Focus. Do your homework please." I think I said this to Debbie a minimum of 20 times tonight. No joke.
What's funny to me is that I ask nice and I ask nice and I ask nice and then finally get fed up and yell at them and then they act all surprised and hurt, "Sheez mom, you don't have to yell at us." Uh yeah, apparently I DO have to yell at you.
I try the whole 'make sure they're looking at you' thing but Debbie was looking me in the eye this afternoon and just stared blankly as I asked her no less than 4 times to please get her coat and shoes on. Either I never actually said a word or the light was on but nobody was home. Or maybe my frequency is off, maybe there's something wrong with my voice and it's not their fault, their ears just aren't tuned to hear me.
So, the only logical conclusion is that something is medically wrong with one of us.
1 comment:
holy cow! I am laughing! Only because this exact same thing has been going on at my house. you ask nice, again and again, then finally raise your voice and it's like, "sheesh mom, why are you yelling?" ugh! I totally know how you feel!
Post a Comment