"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Friday, April 12, 2013

EGD

 Yesterday was the day. They did an esophagogastroduodenoscopy, a flexible sigmoidoscopy, and took biopsies from her rectum.
I am so thankful that grandma Rogers was willing and able to come down and help, I couldn't have done it without her. The doctor was running a little behind when we got there so they gave her some medicine to "keep her calm."
 It totally knocked her out. She was awake but just barely. Poor girl couldn't talk and couldn't hardly move but she wanted to, she kept attempting to move and talk. I was grateful for the medicine though, I think it would have been a more stressful hour had she been alert and worried.
 This is her attempting a smile when she first got back. They did IV anesthesia so it took her an hour or so to wake up.
And she did not wake up happy... 
She was not happy about the IV, it was very concerning to her.
Everything went so smooth, it was wonderful. We did have to take her potty before she was even remotely awake and that was an interesting experience. The procedure went great and the doctor said that her colon was "beautifully clean," he was very impressed. I'm probably more pleased with myself about that than I should be. He said everything looked great, he did find some nodules but those could be normal, he took about 20 biopsies total and we'll know in a week or so the results from those. Our next appointment is on the 23rd.
Now on to Isaac. He'll be getting his tonsils out on Monday. I'm kind of irritated with the doctor though, he must be new at this or just doesn't have tact with kids, I don't know, but when he said he wanted to take the tonsils out he said to Isaac, "It's going to hurt. A lot. And for a long time." And then he went on to list in front of Isaac all the possible complications. So Isaac is understandably nervous. I find out this afternoon what time he goes in.

No comments: