Isaac got his tonsils out on Monday. They took his adenoids out too, I guess that's what they do now. It all went great, very average and wonderful. Accept that his recovery so far seems to be going so much better than they said it would, he's just taken it all in stride.
They wouldn't let me take pictures in recovery, sounded like they got sued once and it ruined it for everyone, lame.
He started freaking out when he was coming out of the anaesthesia, thrashing and kicking, so they gave him some morphine. I was worried he was going to smack his head on the side of the bed or knee himself in the face because he was thrashing around so much, but the morphine kicked in pretty quick and he calmed down and has just done amazing ever since.
He started freaking out when he was coming out of the anaesthesia, thrashing and kicking, so they gave him some morphine. I was worried he was going to smack his head on the side of the bed or knee himself in the face because he was thrashing around so much, but the morphine kicked in pretty quick and he calmed down and has just done amazing ever since.
They warned us that he wouldn't want to eat and that he would be in a lot of pain and that it was going to be miserable but so far it has been a lot milder than everyone has said it would be. However, we were warned that days 4 and 5 would be the most painful and we haven't hit that yet so we'll see how he does in the next few days.
We didn't have any problem getting him to eat and drink at the surgical center and he's done great at home too. He ate at least 10 popsicles that first day, which was perfect, and he LOVED that I let him watch hours and hours of Mythbusters. The only problem is now he doesn't want to go back to school because, let's face it, who wants to sit in school when you can be at home, not in pain because of Lortab and Motrin, eating popsicles and pudding and watching tv all day long??? And it is precisely because of that attitude that the tv stayed off today and I tried to make it a very boring day.
1 comment:
I'm glad he's doing so well! Kids are so resilient. I hope the day was boring enough that he eventually wants to go back to school. :)
Post a Comment