"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Results (kindof)

We finally got the biopsy results back. Cosette tested positive for celiac disease and she's lactose intolerant. But the doctor is still skeptical that it's really celiac disease because he said the blood test and the biopsy gave conflicting results because the blood test was only a weak positive. I'm kinda wondering, though, if he just remembered wrong and thought she'd had a full-on negative blood test and that's why he doubts it. But in any case he said he wants to be certain before he gives her a diagnosis that would effect her for the rest of her life, so he ordered a few more blood tests, one of which is a genome test to see if she even carries the celiac gene. We go back in 2 weeks to find the results of those tests. I hope that visit goes better than yesterday's visit went. We were supposed to get the scope results yesterday but as we were checking in for our appointment their network went down and we had to wait for him to call us today. I was really, really frustrated. Looking back I'm thinking I may have overreacted just a bit, but thankfully I didn't do anything more than scowl at the doctor and say mean things about him to everyone I met... I think I had been more anxious about those results than I thought I was. I thought I was being so calm and relaxed and carefree, totally a chill mom who can handle anything cause I'm cool like that. Yeah right. But we have some answers and will (hopefully) know more in a couple weeks.

No comments: