"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Naps and A Sting

*sigh*
Well, it might be over. We'll have to see. But today was a first anyway.
Little stinker...
So, Cosette normally goes down for her nap between 1 and 2 and then on sunny days I take the older 2 outside and we play for the few hours that she sleeps and I just come in and check on her periodically. Well, today I fed the kids lunch and then put Cosette down for a nap like normal and then Debbe and Isaac and I headed outside to play. After a few minutes one of the kids wanted some sidewalk chalk so I went inside to get some and while I was in there I was shocked when I heard the door to the girls' room opening.
'Wait a minute, that's not right. Cosette's asleep. In the crib. And she can't climb out of the crib.'
Well, out walked Cosette, happy as could be, "I'm done momma!"
Ha! What!? Aaaaagh!
I'm not ready to give up her naps!!
Oh, and, poor Isaac got stung by a wasp today! He's been pretty tough about it though, just wanted a band aid and once he got that he was fine, hasn't complained about it since. My friend was watching him while I quickly drove to pick up Chad from school and she said that he suddenly started crying and holding his neck. She got over to him and he pulled his hands away and she noticed a red welt looking thing and she and another friend were sitting there looking at it trying to figure out what happened when the wasp crawled out from under his shirt between his shoulder blades. Eeek!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man poor Issac! Cosette is a crazy little one I hope she is not really "done".

The Mathis Family said...

UCK! I hate bees! Ouch!

Don't give up on the naps yet. Lucy went through a few months of not taking good naps and then went back into a REALLY good nap streak. And she definately still needs that little bit of a nap she still takes now. I think it changes with their growth spurts or something.