"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Choices

Me: "Debbie, I want you to wear those brown shoes."
Debbie: "I don't want to wear those brown shoes."
M: "You're going to wear those shoes."
D: "I don't want to wear those shoes."
M: "You're going to wear those shoes, you don't have a choice."
D: "Yes I do have a choice!"
M: "No, you don't have a choice."
D: "Yes I do have a choice!"
M: "Ok fine. You can wear those shoes or you can stay home."
D: "I want to wear the brown shoes."
M: "Huh, I guess you were right, you did have a choice."
D: "See, I told you!"

3 comments:

The Mathis Family said...

so funny! I could swear we've had that exact conversation, minus the funny choices comment. what would we do without kids?

Unknown said...

ha ha that is so funny!

Kimberly said...

love it!