"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Book of Mormon

The primary in our ward gave all of the kids a Book of Mormon a few months ago and we got them out again a few weeks ago. Debbie just treasures hers. She loves it and is proud of it. And today she started reading from it. She read a few lines aloud with me there and then continued to read a bit after we put her to bed. I went in to turn off the night light and this is what I found. What an example, treasuring the Word of God so much that you sleep with it next to you. I only hope she continues this love.
[And yes, she's sucking her thumb again. That's thanks to me and the stress I caused in December. These little ones are resilient, but they can certainly feel stress and anxiety from their parents.]

4 comments:

Suze said...

She is such an amazing little girl :)

Kimberly said...

This post and picture really touched me, thanks for putting it up. What a great Primary Presidency, a great gift.

The Mathis Family said...

That is so cute. She's going to be an amazing girl! (And don't worry about the thumb, I sucked mine till Circe told me all the kids in kindergarten would make fun of me. My parents tried EVERYTHING else, but it was the finally the fear of other kids that got me to stop.)

Ashli said...

Very cute! I think that is the best payoff being a mom. Your family is adroable!