"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Debbie Lynn


"Daddy, how 'bout when I'm six you can teach me how to vacuum."
This little girl is amazing. Everyone should be blessed with a daughter as wonderful as Debbie. She's thoughtful, helpful, giving, optimistic, and happy. Today she learned how to sweep the kitchen. She was so excited when Chad told her she was going to learn how to sweep. She's so funny, she LOVES to help! A few weeks ago I told her I needed her to clean off the table and she got excited and asked, "Like a chore?" I said yes and she said, "Yay!! I love chores!" And she does! [At least for now anyway ☺]
She's so thoughtful too. She's had a bit of a grumble in her throat and had to keep clearing her throat. Well, yesterday it was getting annoying and I told her as much. So that sweet little girl kept getting up from watching her show to leave the room to clear her throat so she didn't annoy me. HOW SWEET IS THAT!?!?
And she's so helpful with the younger kids too, she helps them out and loves to be the big sister. We're just so thankful that we've been blessed with her.

5 comments:

Suze said...

I love that kid! I need to watch her more often so she can teach Gennie how to be just like her, hehehe!

Kimberly said...

I agree, what a special sweet girl. Hoping to get to know them better this year.

MamaX5 said...

She's so awesome! I love all of your kids - they're so much fun!

The Mathis Family said...

How would that be? She must have a good mother. I think you deserve some of the credit.

Unknown said...

She is such a sweet girl and such a great example! I love to hear about her and her growing up. So cute about the B of M.