"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."-Emerson

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cute

The kids are sitting in the living room with their guitars singing love songs to me. "I love you mommy..." They're so sweet.
~
I've realized that I have to change the way I word things when I want the kids to be good. We'd be going into the store and I'd tell the kids, "You can have a treat after if you're good." And they'd invariable respond, "I'm good mommy! I'm good!" I didn't want them doubting that they were good people so I changed it to 'behave.' Then I got this, "I'm 'have mommy! I've been 'have!" So I've finally decided on "Listen and obey." "You can have a treat if you listen and obey." They're responding better to that. :)
~
Debbie is so funny, she was asking us yesterday if we could buy a sled and we said maybe next year and she squealed, "YES! We might get a sled and we might not!!"
~
Isaac LOVES to watch Chad play the wii. Chad plays Lego Batman and now just recently got the How to Train Your Dragon game. Isaac begs him every night when he gets home to play the wii so he can watch. Well, the other day was a particularly difficult day for Isaac, throwing tantrums and such, and so when Chad got home and he asked him to play I said no because Isaac had been such a pill. Well, Isaac didn't like that, so Chad talked to him and told him that he has to listen to me and stop throwing tantrums or daddy isn't going to be able to play games for him. Something worked, because Isaac has been amazing ever since! And it's funny because Chad got home from school the other night and looked at me and said, "Isaac has been a good boy today...?" I gave him permission to play nintendo. haha!

5 comments:

Suze said...

You have such a great family :)

Unknown said...

That is so funny about the nintendo! cuties!

LBlackwelder said...

Great idea! I think I am going to put that into practice at our house.

The Mathis Family said...

Ha ha ha! I have to do similar things with my kids too! Bribes, special wording, making things seem more exciting than they really are (Ooh! Yummy green beans. YOU LOVE GREEN BEANS, remember?)...we know how it goes!

Kimberly said...

You're doing great!